|G42-1200 Supercore Reference Data
SuperCore PN: 860778-5004S
|G42-1200 Turbine Housing Kits||Turbine Kit PN||A/R||Inlet||Outlet||Wastegate||Divided|
|Free float / non-wastegated turbine housing kits are sold
independently of the supercore
- GARRETT® G SERIES COMPRESSOR AERODYNAMICS FOR MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER
- FULLY MACHINED SPEED SENSOR AND PRESSURE PORTS
- NEW TURBINE WHEEL AERO FOR INCREASED EFFICIENCY AND FLOW
- STAINLESS STEEL TURBINE HOUSINGS
- WATER FITTINGS INCLUDED
- CFD (computational fluid dynamics) engineered compressor wheel
- Optimized blade contour with 10 blade count
- Forged and fully-machined compressor wheel
- More power and faster boost response
- Smaller wheel = lower inertia
- Garrett® G42-1200 available with compact housing and standard housing
- Garrett® G42-1450 available only with standard housing
- (A) Fully machined ported shroud to help reduce compressor surge.
- (B) A fully machined speed sensor port provides racers the option to add a speed sensor. Comparing shaft speed and boost levels on a compressor map will help determine ideal operating conditions to ensure peak power over a wider operating range.
- (C ) The fully machined pressure port.
- Sold separately, the Garrett ® G Series speed sensor kits have new part numbers and are not compatible with GT/GTX kits. Easier to install and will not need to be adjusted for length like previous sensors. Simply remove bolt that secures the plug, insert the speed sensor and re-tighten the bolt.
Speed Sensor Kits
G Series Street Kit: 781328-0003 (includes speed sensor, wire harness, gauge)
G Series Pro Kit: 781328-0004 (includes speed sensor, wire harness)
- Aluminum backplate for reduced weight (GTX42 Steel)
- Includes (2) -6AN water fittings
- Center housing to turbine housing Vband connection makes installation easy for installers. (Same Vband as GTX42 / GTX45)
- GTX and GT turbine housings are not interchangeable
- Full 360 degree orientation of compressor housing and non wastegated turbine housings
- An o-ring between the compressor housing and backplate reduces any boost pressure leakage
- Twin piston rings on both sides of the shaft reduce the likeliness of oil leakage from the center housing to the compressor or turbine stage.
- A new oil deflector redirects oil away from the compressor stage seals reducing possibility of oil leakage through the seals.
- 10mm ceramic dual ball bearing cartridge (Same as GTX42)
- The turbine wheel features all new aerodynamics to improve flow and boost response.
- Inconel super alloy construction for temperatures up to 950C
- New turbine wheel flows 10% more and has peak efficiency of 77% (Compared to GTX42 at 74% with 1.01A/R)
- 82mm inducer / 75mm exducer 84 Trim
- G42 turbine housings are made from stainless steel to provide ultimate durability and temperature capability up 950 deg C degrees | 1742 deg F
- B&C qualified
- GTX and GT housings not interchangeable.
- Turbine housings are available in V-band, open, free float configurations for launch
- V-band inlet is 3.6 inch / 92mm ( compared to GTX30/35 3 inch / 76mm
- V-band outlet is 4.3 inch / 109mm
|Standard Rotation||Assembly Kit PN||A/R||Inlet||Outlet||Wastegate||Divided|
|Assembly Kit Includes Super Core and Turbine Kit||879779-5007S||1.01||V-Band||V-Band||Free Float||N|