45lbs / min approx 450 horsepower
Who says cast wheels can't work? Not us. Here's a tried and true turbo we brought back from 15 years ago. Those of you might remember the 3147 turbo that was made from Borg Warner, Garrett, and Turbonetics parts. Here's 2018's 3147, dubbed the CW 5257B.
- AGP Cast T04B Compact Compressor Housing with 3” Inlet and 2” Outlet
- AGP Cast Wheel 52mm inducer 68mm exducer compressor wheel 45lbs / min
- AGP 57mm exducer, 65mm inducer Turbine Wheel
- T3 Open Scroll turbine housings available: .48, .63, .82 A/R with 4 Bolt Outlet (Garrett T31 style interchangable)
- T3 Open Scroll turbine housings available: .63, .82, 1.06 A/R with 3" V band outlet (3.625 OD Flat)
- T3 Twin Scroll turbine housings available: .75, 1.00, 1.25 A/R with 3" V band outlet (3.625 OD Flat)
The Race Journal Bearing housings are not water cooled and have a 1/8” NPT oil inlet, and Standard T3/T4 oil drain with M8x1.25 threads. The Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing housings are Garrett’s M14 Water Cooled and 7/16-24 Inverted Flare oil inlet, and Standard T3/T4 oil drain with M8x1.25 threads. Lines and fittings are all available here. Flanges and gaskets are available here.
Note: The Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo option will come with the properly sized oil restrictor fitting. Please do not replace this fitting with any other size unless instructed by a representative from AGP.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great turbo, quick spooling. Be sure this is the size for your application before purchase.
I've tried this turbo out (journal bearing, not dcbb) in 2 different turbine housings:
0.75 divided - very quick spool, but it surged around 11-13 psi (3rd gear pull starting at 3k)
1.25 divided - still spooled quickly, but now it surges around 16-18 psi (3rd gear pull starting at 3k)
There isn't any surge though if you do a full 1-5 gear drag pull.
My setup is a stock SRT4 long block with AGP's twin scroll turbo kit (no longer available). N2MB boost box for boost control, and tuned by Nigel @ BST. I'm sitting at 340hp/330tq @ 23 psi on Shell 93.
I gave it a 4/5 stars because I really think it needs an anti-surge compressor cover to get rid of that last little bit of surge.
really liked the quality of the turbo but was not impressed with the power. stopped making power efficiently at 20 psi. Quick spool but wish i got a bigger turbo. 310whp &300wtq @ 20 psi